Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hip Hop Karaoke


Remember when we were growing up and hip hop was...well HIP HOP? (no offense to any legit artists of today) Hip Hop artists like Nas, McLyte, Bone Thugs and Harmony, and others infused our minds with beats and rhymes that had us singing loudly in the backseat, shower, and the school bus. I still remember when I learned the words to Tupac's "Hit Em Up". I thought I was the baddest chick in my middle school. (Never mind that I never performed in front of others and there were only 2 other kids who knew who he was). Back then I only dreamed of performing in front of an audience and having people say, " You did that just like ( insert name of hip hop artist here). To which I would kindly reply, " Girl please.....you think so.." (smile).


Well if like me, you ever wanted to rap the impassioned lyrics of WuTang's Protect Ya Neck or Queen Latifah, then Hip Hop Karaoke was made for you. At this monthly event you bring yourself and the lyrics to the stage and rhyme like you always dreamed of doing. In case you need some support, they also supply you with your very own hype man to complete your dream. To stay informed about the next event sign up at http://www.hiphopkaraoke.com/ for updates about the next time you will have the opportunity to fulfill your big dream (other than getting your degree) to rhyme like Hov.




















No comments:

Post a Comment